The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) Teacher in Residence is a highly qualified member of the Academic Services Division. Under the direction of the Assistant Principal, the Teacher in Residence will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of CCS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting teachers and scholars with academic support, learning curriculum, act as an internal on-call substitute teacher as needed.
- Provide clear information to scholars and learning coaches regarding class objectives, weekly assignments, homework requirements, grading rubrics and grading scale; monitor scholar work and provide feedback and assist scholars with working towards mastery of content in assigned subject areas.
- Employ a wide variety of teaching methods designed to create opportunities for deep understanding and differentiated instruction for all levels of ability within a class, including serving scholars identified with special needs.
- Use benchmark exam results to determine and provide differentiated instructional for low performing scholars and collaborate with other departments to ensure all scholars are able to access the curriculum.
- Collaborate with additional departments and teams to ensure that scholars with additional needs are able to access their curriculum.
- Utilize student information systems to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of attendance, coursework, scholar logs, and to submit scholar report cards and school-wide assessment records on time.
- Participate in and support department and scholar recruitment/retention initiatives, scholar engagement experiences, and school-wide events as needed.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Valid California Multi / Single Subject Teacher Credential
- California English Language Learner Authorization
- Homeschool and/or Online teaching experience is a plus
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office, Learning Center, or other Compass location. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents) and staff. Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.