The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) Education Specialist is a highly qualified member of the Special Education Team. Under the direction of the Special Education Coordinator, the Education Specialist will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and support scholar achievement, hold formal and informal annual and triennual IEP meetings, complete scholar progress notes at least twice a year, complete quarterly progress updates, and maintain special education files.
- Ensure state compliance of IEP’s of scholars on caseload.
- Collaborate with teachers and learning coaches to support accommodations and modifications.
- Provide resource specialist services to scholars as assigned by the school per the IEP.
- Conduct small group and 1:1 instruction to support IEP goal areas and support scholar progress, monitor and report on attendance, and complete service notes for each session.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, and SEIS
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Valid California Moderate/Severe Special Education Teaching Credential
- California English Language Learner Authorization
- Online teaching experience and/or Online Teaching & Learning Certificate
- Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities
Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents) and staff.
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office