The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) Special Education Clerk is a member of the Special Education Department. Under the direction of the Director of Special Education, the Special Education Clerk will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of CCS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign and track new scholars to the appropriate instructor's caseload, including creating a systematized process of assigning and informing the teacher of the new scholar.
- Manage the retrieval (from previous schools) and sending (to transferring schools) of IEP and/or504 documentation and other related files for new and withdrawing scholars, respectively.
- Coordinate the scheduling 30-day, annual, and triennial IEPs, as well as manage all necessary invitations and reminders.
- Coordinate the signing, sending, follow up and filing of all appropriate IEP and/or504 paperwork; ensure correct signing & filing procedures are followed by all members of the team.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation and data collection of the school’s procedures related to IEPs and 504s.
- Participate in and support department and scholar recruitment/retention initiatives, scholar engagement experiences, and school-wide events as needed.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of relevant work experience
- Bilingual preferred
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office, Learning Center, or other Compass location. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents) and staff. Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.