The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) K-8 Teacher is a highly qualified member of the Online Learning Department. Under the direction of the Principal/Assistant Principal, the K-8 Teacher will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clear information to scholars and learning coaches regarding class objectives, weekly assignments, homework requirements, grading rubrics and grading scale; monitor scholar work and provide feedback and assist scholars with working towards mastery of content in assigned subject areas.
- Employ a wide variety of teaching methods designed to create opportunities for deep understanding and differentiated instruction for all levels of ability within a class, including serving scholars identified with special needs.
- Use benchmark exam results to determine and provide differentiated instructional for low performing scholars and collaborate with other departments to ensure all scholars are able to access the curriculum.
- Collaborate with additional departments and teams to ensure that scholars with additional needs are able to access the curriculum.
- Use Scholar Information System to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of attendance, coursework, scholar logs, and to submit scholar report cards and school-wide assessment records on time.
- Participate in and support department and scholar recruitment/retention initiatives, scholar engagement experiences, and school-wide events as needed.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Valid California Multiple Subject Teacher Credential
- California English Language Learner Authorization
- Online teaching experience and/or Online Teaching & Learning Certificate preferred
- Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities
Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents) and staff.
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.