The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) Educational Facilitator is a highly qualified member of the Options Learning Department. Under the direction of the Director of Options Learning, the Educational Facilitator will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of scholars. Please note that this posting is for the 2020-21 school year Eligibility Pool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with learning coaches and scholars on goals, objectives, and assignments which integrate state standards with scholar interests, talents, and methods of study. Manage the use of funds for curriculum & lessons using the specified processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with learning coaches and scholars on preparing the learning environment in accordance with scholars’ learning styles and school’s philosophy, and assess regularly for academic growth and planning.
- Collaborate with additional departments and teams to ensure that scholars with additional needs are able to access the curriculum.
- Collect and maintain all necessary documents of scholars on roster to meet compliance requirements. Use StrongMind to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of attendance, coursework, scholar logs, and to submit scholar report cards and school-wide assessment records on time.
- Participate in and support department and scholar recruitment/retention initiatives, scholar engagement experiences, and school-wide events as needed.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend Professional Development trainings.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Valid California Multiple or Single Subject Teacher Credential
- California English Language Learner Authorization
- Familiarity with homeschooling and homeschool teaching approaches preferred
- Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities
- Bilingual Preferred
Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents), and staff.
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.