The Compass Charter Schools (CCS) Counselor is a member of the Counseling Services Team. Under the direction of the Director of Counseling Services, the Counselor will work collaboratively to strengthen the performance of scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel and guide scholars and/or groups of scholars in the areas of academic, career and social emotional development.
- Counsel, motivate and support scholars who are underachieving. As necessary, , participate in 504 meetings, Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings, and/or Scholar Success Team (SST) meetings.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of data to assist in the placement of scholars and the development of an appropriate educational program.
- Create course schedules and advise scholars in the development of their individual academic program and plan; review academic progress and monitor graduation requirements during the school year.
- Participate in and support department and scholar recruitment/retention initiatives, scholar engagement experiences, and school-wide events as needed.
- Assist others as needed in meeting department and organizational goals.
- Attend professional development training.
- Excellent communication
- Highly proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Minimum Master’s degree
- Valid California Pupil Personnel Services Credential
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Familiarity with online learning or a virtual school setting
- Familiarity with homeschooling and homeschool teaching approaches preferred
Position is based in a home office. May be required to also work from the Central Office, Learning Center, or other Compass location. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of scholars, learning coaches (parents) and staff. Must be able to travel throughout the State of California for school-related activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.